Nehemiah Family Services offers the following services:
- Substance Abuse Assessments
- Substance Abuse Counseling
- Licensed Out-patient Substance Abuse Treatment
Note: see Program Schedule for meeting and assessment information.
Substance Abuse Assessments
Addiction Severity Index (ASI) – This instrument looks at seven life areas that can be addressed in a treatment plan:
Interviews tool that gives an impression based on the criteria from the DSM-IV. This helps to determine if abuse or dependence is indicated.
ASAM 6 dimensions:
- Acute intoxication or withdrawal potential.
- Biomedical conditions and complications.
- Emotional, behavioral, cognitive conditions and complications.
- Treatment acceptance or resistance.
- Relapse, continued use, continued problem potential.
- Recovery environment.
These assessments are then followed up by collateral contacts to determine accuracy of client’s disclosure.
Substance Abuse Outpatient Treatment
NFS uses a cognitive – behavioral program that addresses the thinking errors and patterns of substance abuse.
The adult program is for males and females 17 and over. This is a 26 session program based on CBT (cognitive-behavioral therapy) and the Stages of Change. Treatment meets for 4 hours a week, with groups meeting once a week in Phase I and twice a week in Phase II. Thursday’s the group is separated into the Men’s Group and the Women’s Group.
The program is manual driven with each client working out of his/her own workbook. Each session builds on the previous sessions as the client grows in the skills needed to stay sober and excel in the community.